SEO Blog Home
This SEO blog site includes the latest SEO tips, SEO news, topics and events on their blog. SEO is constantly changing and evolving, and to get your website constantly ranked on top, webmasters’ SEO knowledge need to stay current. Some clients wonder why we need this and that to get listed on the 1st page of search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing and more, so this blog will show you “Why” through SEO blogs and SEO news. Search engine optimization blog is a platform to learn about internet marketing including basic SEO, PPC, image optimization, video optimization, social media optimization, e-mail marketing and web promotion.
Read our lastest SEO blog articles that are listed below, or you can browse the categories on the right column or just type a keyword phrase that you are looking for in the search box.
Today’s SEO blog talks about the Google algorithm chagnes 2013. Matt Cutts, Google’s head of search spam team, announced The next generation Penguin update, Penguin 4 (AKA Penguin 2.0), and answer the question of “What should we expect in the next few months in terms of SEO for Google?” These Google algorithm chagnes of Penguin 4 have impacted many more SEOs and webmasters than the first generation version. Therefore, we summarize the 10 points that Matt Cutts made in this video. First watch the video and think about the 10 points that Matt Cutts made to see if you need to take any actions.
- Major Penguin Update – The next generation Penguin update, Penguin 4, so-called Penguin 2.0
- Advertorial Spam -after some websites for using advertorials as a means to artificially inflate their link profile.
- Spammy Queries Being Looked At
- Going Upstream At Link Spammers – deter link spammers and the value of the links they are acquiring from the sources.
- More Sophisticated Link Analysis – Google will go after link network.
- Continuous Improvements On Hacked Sites
- Improved Webmaster Communication – go to Google Webmaster tools to clean up your website.
- Authority Boost In Algorithm
- Panda To Soften – Refine the Panda Update
- Domain Clusters In SERPs – The number of clusters of the same domain name showing on the first page of Google’s search results should lessen this year.
All in all, what you need to do is to work hard to provide high quality content to visitors such as great useful content that visitors can come back as well as social signals. If you offer useful content that visitors love, they should come back to the site, and also should be shared with other people. If you always provide guality content for visitors, you shouldn’t be worried about those Google algorithm changes. It’s also better to invest your time in acquiring social signals for your SEO.
If your business is located in Minneapolis or Minnesota, our Minneapolis SEO company can help you with dealing with those Google algorithm changes 2013.
Today’s SEO blog, we will talk about Facebook business page problems including Facebook vanity URL issues. One of clients changed “manage permission” setting in their Facebook business page by turning off the ability for people to post on your Page’s timeline. After the changes in permission setting, when visitors clicked the facebook vanity URL link on thier website, it took them to the home page of Facebook.com. Since random user posts that aren’t necessarily positive could appear on Timeline, they say that turning off the ability for people to post on your Facebook business page’s timeline could hurt your branding. However, as far as concerned about “branding”, it’s better for people to see your Facebook brand URL such as facebook.com/yourbrandname instead of taking them to the home page of Facebook. Considering not losing the number of reach in Facebook, we recommend you to keep your Facebook vanity URL work on the browser. Plus, if you trun off the ability to people to post on your Facebook business page timeline, you will lose visibility on search engine result pages.
In conclusion, check the “everyone can post your facebook timline” in permission setting in your Facebook businses page (Facebook Fan page.) if you want to brand your business through Facebook marketing as well as increasing visibility on search engines. For more information about SEO and Facebook marketing, a Minneapolis SEO company, Constant Rank can help!
Today’s SEO blog talks about how to use LinkedIn for Business. LinkedIn is a professional networking site that provides and keeps important connects strong between work-at-home professionals and other business around the world. With a network of 65 million business professionals worldwide, a Minneapolis SEO company, Constant Rank believes that LinkedIn can be an excellent way to promote your business. At a relatively inexpensive cost, marketing a small or home business on LinkedIn provides many beneficial outcomes. In fact, one person creates a LinkedIn login every second!
To get started with building your business with LinkedIn there are a few things you need to know:
- Understanding LinkedIn and how to use LinkedIn for business is important. It is not more difficult than other social networking sites – The difference is that LinkedIn is designed and geared specifically to professionals and their networks.
- Create a LinkedIn login, if you are not already a member. Creating a great profile on LinkedIn is the best way to show viewers of your page how great your business is! It is important to keep your profile looking professional. The information provided needs to represent your business in the best way. Keeping your profile fresh with new updates is important, as well as seeking introductions to new contacts and connections.
- Take advantage of LinkedIn! After setting up your profile, you can continuously build connections and gain attention from other business professionals. Using LinkedIn’s search features allows others to find you and network with people you might not have been able to reach in the past. It is also good to display any recommendations or testimonials about you and your business on your profile – as these provide positive credibility and boosts your business.
- Stay active! Once you create your profile, it is important to stay active on it. Posting regular status updates, as well as participating in groups that are related to your business is great for exposure. You can also send messages and invitations to people in your network or group – just be sure that you are not spamming these groups, as this could damage your business reputation.
Creating your LinkedIn profile is just the start to a great business networking and marketing resource! Get started on your account today and watch as your network with other business professionals continues to grow. This worldwide networking site could be a key marketing tool for building your business!
It’s imperative to know how to use Pinterest for business. The benefits of using Pinterest to build your business are endless! Since 2012, the Pinterest Network has grown 145% with 81% of its U.S. consumers trusting pins as a reliable information source. Pinterest users also spend more money that users of any other social media network! Whether you are looking to drive brand awareness, bring traffic to your site, or promote your blog, Pinterest is an excellent social media tool that will do just that. As a Minneapolis SEO company, Constant Rank recommend Minneapolis or Minnesota busineses to use Pinterest for a marketing tool.
There are a few important tips, how to use Pinterest for business: to know and remember when getting your business established through Pinterest:
Research Your Client
Here is a first step of how to use Pinterest for business. What is your ideal client pinning? By researching what your clients are pinning, you can follow their interests and gain insight to products that they want and are looking for. With the “Categories” feature, you can quickly find the topic that best fits your industry. Next, you want to focus on pins that are tied to your topic and what board individuals are pinning to. Look at these different users information to learn more about your potential clients!
Get noticed by utilizing categories, keywords, captions, hashtags and URLs! Link building is vital for business, so it is important to link back often to your website in your comments on pins. Linking also builds credibility on your subject which helps search engines create association between the topic or pin you commented on and YOUR site!
The CONTENT of your pins is especially important as well. What do you want users to take away from your site? What content will DRAW them there?
Pinterest is also great opportunity to for guest blogging (which can be beneficial for SEO)! Once you find pins that are tied to a blog post, make sure that it is an authoritative blog that accepts guest contributors. Your chances of getting your post published are greater with these kinds of sites.
Always, always, always be active among other Pinterest users by pinning across a range of boards, following others, commenting on pins, and repinning! Be sure to time your pins so that they are evenly spaced out. Getting involved with other users and their boards/pins will establish connections. Don’t forget to say thank you for repins!
Keep your content fresh! Choosing great images and having a variety of photos, text and videos will keep your followers interested and engaged. Be clear and visual to capture users’ attention.
Don’t just self-promote – use Pinterest to present the lifestyle of your brand to your audience! By showcasing your brand, you can allow others to get the full experience of what your business is truly about.
By researching pins, boards, and brands that get results, along with tracking the activity of your followers, you can start generating new ideas for marketing your brand.
Pinterest also has a feature that allows you to see the pins of a given domain, which shows you a lot about your competitors. With the source feature, you can see what your competitors are pinning, who they are following, and who is following them. With this information, you can see what tactics have been working for them that might work for you as well! As a result, you can potentially broaden the reach of your pins even further.
Now, you know how to usse Pinterest for business. Pinterest is an excellent social media tool that can help build your business and extend your brand to even more clients. When used to its full potential, the possibilities with networking, link building and sharing of information are infinite. Start pinning!
Today’s SEO blog is talk about how to use Twitter for business. Creating a Twitter account for your business can be a fantastic marketing strategy when executed correctly. It is the fastest growing social media platform out there today, with over 175 million registered users that create around 50 million tweets—or micro blogs—per day! Using Twitter for business marketing requires more thought and strategy than when it is used for personal use, and many businesses do not succeed in that regard. But with a bit of time, training and effort, your business can see a boom as a result of using Twitter.
The first step in utilizing Twitter is to set up an account that makes sense for your business. This requires creating a handle (your username on Twitter) that properly brands your company while also being engaging and memorable. Whenever your business tweets or someone tweets back at you, this will show up and you want it to be clear that is is your company people are talking about.
Either before or shortly after you sign up for Twitter your company needs to develop a plan for its use. Without a cohesive marketing strategy in place, Twitter, like any other platform, will not be beneficial to your brand. You need to decide who or what companies to follow, how often the company will tweet, the content of tweets, and whether the account will be used for promotions as well as company news. Developing a company plan of attack before starting to tweet gives employees and management alike a guide to style and rules that must be followed when tweeting on behalf of the company. During this planning process it is important to establish a certain voice or style for the company. Tweets should not be written to sound like the CEO tweeting on behalf of the company, but rather the voice should align with company personality and mission.
Once planning and strategy development is complete, you should finish the setup of your account. This includes filling in fields with information and creating a quick bio for users to read when deciding if they should follow you or not. Another component to this part of Twitter development is following fellow tweeters and gaining followers. A good way to do this is to import your contact list from your email. Following people and companies your business already has a relationship with is a great way to gain followers in return and link your business to influential audiences. Linking with these businesses and people on Twitter is another easy way to promote your social media efforts, as their followers are more likely to see your company mentioned and you will, by default, gain a larger reach.
Now that you can finally start tweeting you need to make it worthwhile for users to follow your company. People don’t want to follow a business that is all promotional all the time; they want news, interaction, and deals. The key here is engaging your customers and partner businesses to show personality and compassion in your tweets. Reply to customer ideas and comments, retweet exciting news from partner businesses, and congratulate people when exciting things happen based around your business or products. Twitter users want a unique, personalized experience, and this can help establish two-way communication and priceless connections with consumers and clients.
When using Twitter, there is a sort of social decorum that should be followed so your company does not become annoying or overly promotional. Do not tweet every two minutes. This is a surefire way to get you unfollowed in a heartbeat, as Twitter users don’t want all of their updates from one sole company. Do be active, though, by spacing out your tweets and replies throughout the day and week. Start by tweeting 3 to 5 times per day and adjust that number according to your followers reactions. A way many companies ensure that followers see their posts is to make it a tradition to tweet every week at a certain day and time—say Tuesday at noon for some sort of update or trivia contest. You also should be sure that your followers count is fairly balanced with those you are following. A company with a heavy skew toward one or the other looks either overly eager to listen to others or ignorant of what customers have to say.
Along the lines of Twitter promotion for your company, there are two things you must do: tweet for SEO and make your Twitter handle widely available. When tweeting utilize keyword phrases for your industry and use hashtags (#) to tag trending (popular) topics so that your tweets are able to be found in Twitter searches. Also, make sure you are under the 140 character limit when using these phrases so that if you are retweeted or mentioned there is room for the full content to be posted. In order to make your handle widely available you should post it on all company promotional materials, allow employees to include it in their email signatures, and place a link to it on your website. The more visible and accessible your Twitter account is, the more followers you should gain. An excellent place to talk about Twitter is on a company blog. Each time a new entry is posted include the Twitter handle and ask for comments to also be shared on Twitter. This also helps with engagement and visibility of company topics.
When Twitter is used correctly it is an incredible marketing tool for businesses! If you need extra inspiration just take a look at successful companies on Twitter and see how their business is being conducted and portrayed. A massive audience is awaiting your company’s arrival on Twitter- so why wait?
Today’s SEO blog talks about Linkedin vanity URL. Linkedin vanity URL for company is composed of linkedin.com and username such as linkedin.com/in/username. To create a Linkedin vanity URL is a good opportunity to secure your branding. Here are quick steps on how to create a Linkedin vanity URL.
- Login your Linkedin Account, and click edit profile
- Click “Edit” text link
- Click “Customized your public profile URL”
- Enter your desired brand name, and click “Set Custom URL”
Once these steps were done, your Linkedin vanity URL setup is done. When you want to change your linkedin vanity URL, follow the same steps.
The YouTube matched third party content indicates that your video is understood to infringe some third party’s copyright. In another word, the rightful owners of the copyrighted music or videos have discovered that you have used their material without permission. Although, you will not be charged over this action, they have decided to use your video page to put ads and take profit from the clicks on that ad. Even if you purchase the copyrighted free music to use it on your YouTube Video, Youtube’s anti piracy software has used an algorythm to detect the music and has found that another user’s uploaded video uses the exactly same music as yours. As a result, it will show an annoying ad on your video. If you use your YouTube videos for your business, the YouTube matched third party content is a problem. Now, we will show you how to fix matched third party content step by step.
- Go to Video Manager in your YouTube account, and click “Matched Third Party Content” link
- You will be taken to the copyright notice page, and click “Dispute” button
- You’ll see a link that says, “I believe this copyright claim is not valid.”
- You will be taken to a screen that asks you to select the reason for your dispute. Seletct “My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.”, and click “continue” button.
- You will be taken to the copyright notice page. Check the check box for “I am sure that my use of the content meets the legal requirementss for fair use and I want to dispute this claim.”, and click “continue” button.
- You will be taken to the “reasons for dispute” page. Copy and paste the following text to the box of “Please explain briefly.”:
Make sure to check the claim to dispute on the top as well as terms and conditioins on the bottom with your signature, and then, click “continue
- You will be taken to the “verification” page. Read it through (claim to dispute, reason for dispute, explanation, and singature) and then, click “Submit Claim.”
- You will be taken to the “confirmation” page saying “Your claim has been submitted.”
- Go back to the Video Manager page, and click “Matched Third Party Content” text link, and then, you will be taken to the page saying “your dispute is waiting for [month, date and year]
- You will have to wait for days, but usually, you can see the result within a couple of days if your cliam is not against YouTube guideline. When you go back to your video manager, and the text link of “Matched third party content” is gone.
Today’s SEO blog talks about YouTube vanity URL. YouTube vanity URL is composed of youtube URL and yoour username such as youtube.com/username. To create a YouTube URL is a good opportunity to secure your branding. Here are quick steps on how to create a YouTube URL.
- Log in Google Account and log in YouTube
- Click My Channel
- Click Chanell Setting and click “Info and Setting” tab
- Click Create custom URL. You’ll then be able to choose the URL you want. Note that you can’t choose a URL that someone’s already chosen.
Once you’ve chosen your custom URL, it will appear like this: http://www.youtube.com/user/constantrank. Please note that once your channel has a custom URL, it can’t be changed. Choose carefully!
Also, YouTube automatically redirects http://www.youtube.com/user/constantrank to http://www.youtube.com/constantrank, so this shorter version of YouTube Vanity URL can be used in your business card or a part of signature section in your e-mail.
What if if you want to change your Twitter URL? Here is how to change Twitter URL:
- Log in to Twitter.com and visit your account settings pages from the dropdown menu in the top right corner.
- On your account settings page, change the username listed in your username field.
- If the username is taken, you’ll be prompted to choose another one.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page
Now, how many times can you change your Twitter name? It’s unlimited… at this moment.
This SEO blog is designed for webmasters, internet marketing specialists or business owners with savvy internet marketing skills.
You can find lots of SEO tips here in our blog. For beginners, please visit SEO guide page to learn about SEO.
SEO Blog - SEO Tips: Search Engine Optimization, PPC, Social Media Marketing